Add two-step verification for extra security
Enable two-step verification to require a code (in addition to your password) any time a login attempt is made from a new device or browser. We'll send you a text or call you with a new code that needs to be entered at sign in. The phone number we contact you with may be different each time.
- Sign in and go to your Account security page.
- Beside "Two-step verification," click the Toggle button to turn it on .
- Enter your mobile number.
- Click Send SMS or Call me to get a verification code.
- Enter the verification code, then click Verify.
- If you access Yahoo Mail in third-party apps, click Create app passwords or click Skip for now.
Want to turn it off? Just access your security page again and change the toggle to the off position .