Secure a hacked Yahoo7 account
Yahoo7 takes account security seriously. No matter how strong your password is, scammers are always trying to find new ways to get your personal information. If you think someone else has accessed your Yahoo7 account, take the following actions to make sure your account is secure. It's also a good idea to review how to tell if your account has been hacked.
Update your security information
Go to the Account information page to make sure your Personal info hasn't been changed.
- Review your auto-forwarding settings - Make sure your emails are going to the right place. If you don't use it, turn off auto-forwarding.
- Review your signature - Make sure your signature hasn't been altered, or turned on if it wasn't on before.
- Confirm your sending name and reply-to address - Check if the name on your sent emails is correct and you're getting all responses.
- If you're missing emails or contacts:
- If you provided a credit card or bank account number to an unverified website or in an email message, contact your financial institution to report this as soon as possible.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.