Webcam Errors in Yahoo7 Messenger 9
Verify the information below
- We recently developed an alternative webcam technology, called "video calling," which may work better for you than using the traditional webcam technology. It's available and we strongly encourage you to get it by downloading latest version of Yahoo7 Messenger.
- If you have an external webcam, check to see if it has been accidentally unplugged from your computer.
- Perhaps another program is using your webcam. Close other programs and try accessing your webcam again.
- If another program has crashed for some reason, it might not have released your webcam successfully. Try closing all programs and restarting your computer.
- If you have an external webcam, it might not have installed correctly. Try reinstalling your webcam software program according to the manufacturer's instructions. For more information, go to Troubleshooting image issues for webcam and video calling.
- Perhaps Yahoo7 Messenger is using the incorrect camera device on your computer. Try changing the camera source. For more information, go to How to make Yahoo7 Messenger recognize a new webcam.
- Your webcam might not be configured correctly. Try reconfiguring your webcam according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Your camera might not be not compatible with Yahoo7 Messenger. You can verify this with the webcam compatibility test. To try the webcam compatibility test, go to How to fix webcam problems by using video calling.
Find out more about the Differences between video calling and webcam sharing.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.