Install Yahoo7 Messenger in Windows Safe Mode
Having trouble installing Yahoo7 Messenger? Use Safe Mode in Windows and avoid running any programs that may be interfering with the installation.
- Download the Yahoo7 Messenger install file.
- Don't open or run the file.
- Shut down Windows.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Turn your computer on.
- Press F8 continuously until the "Windows Advanced Options" menu appears.
- If you start pressing F8 too early, you'll receive a "keyboard error." Fix this by restarting your computer, then try again.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press Enter.
When your computer finishes booting in safe mode, it will run a little slower than normal and your monitor mode will probably look a bit different, but it's just a normal part of working in Safe Mode.
Installing Yahoo7 Messenger
Remove existing installations - If you already tried installing Yahoo7 Messenger, make sure to fully remove it using the steps in our help article about uninstalling Yahoo7 Messenger.
Once you've completely removed it from your computer:
- Open the Yahoo7 Messenger install file that you downloaded earlier.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- After finishing installation, restart your computer.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.