Reactivate a deleted Yahoo7 account
If you asked Yahoo7 to delete your account, or someone else deleted your account without your knowledge, you can reopen it as long as it was deleted within approximately the last 40 days, with longer hold periods for accounts registered in Australia or New Zealand (approximately 90 days), and Brazil or Taiwan (approximately 180 days).
Yahoo7 can never reactivate your deleted account if:
- The account wasn't used in the last 12 months; or
- There was a violation of our Terms of Service.
Reopen your account
If your account meets the criteria to be reactivated, or you think it might, follow the steps below from your computer (not from a mobile phone or tablet) to attempt to reactivate your account.
- Go to the Sign-in Helper.
- Enter your Yahoo7 ID or email address, and click Continue.
- Answer the questions that appear on the screen to verify your identity.
After you prove you're the owner of the account, you'll see a "Success" message that says you're now signed in. If you see this message, your account has been reactivated and can be used immediately.
If you think someone else deleted your account, change your password to secure your account.
Old emails and other data
- Emails, contacts, and other account data may no longer be available, and can't be recovered.
- Emails sent to your account after it was deleted were returned to the senders and won't be there.