The Yahoo7 SafeSearch feature is designed to filter out explicit, inappropriate and adult-oriented content from Yahoo7 Search results. Here's how to change your SafeSearch settings.
Access SafeSearch settings
You can quickly access SafeSearch settings on your desktop and mobile devices.
- Sign in to Yahoo7.
- In the search box, enter a search and click Search.
- From the search results, mouse over the Settings icon .
- Click Preferences.
- Go to https://au.search.yahoo.com/.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Sign in.
Change or lock SafeSearch
You can change the filter strength of SafeSearch, and lock in your choice for each browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Select an option from the SafeSearch dropdown menu:
- Strict - no adult content
- Off - do not filter results
- When you're done choosing, click or tap Save.
Unable to turn off SafeSearch?
- You may be signed in to a Yahoo7 Account that's registered as an under-18 account.
- You may need to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for further details.
You can lock the SafeSearch setting for each browser on your computer or mobile device. Once you've locked SafeSearch for a browser, it's locked in that browser on the computer or mobile device you were using, for users who have:
- Not signed in to a Yahoo7 account.
- Signed in to an account that's under 18.
- Access SafeSearch settings using the steps above.
- Select an option from the SafeSearch dropdown menu.
- Click or tap Lock.
- Click Save.
- Sign out of your Yahoo7 account.
The lock can be disabled from a Yahoo7 account that is registered as over 18. An extra verification step must be passed to confirm that the user disabling the lock is over 18 years of age.