Legitimate Yahoo7 communications versus Internet scams
Yahoo7 sends out communications about your account from time to time, but sometimes imposters will pretend to be Yahoo7 to try and get your personal information. Learn the signs of Internet scams to help you recognize when a scammer is trying to take advantage of you.
Remember - support from Yahoo7 is always free of charge.
Ways to recognize scams
- "Phishing" is an attempt by scammers to pose as a legitimate company or individual to steal someone's personal information, usernames, passwords, or other account information.
- "Spoofing" is used by spammers to make an email or website appear as if it's from someone you trust.
- Scammers use fake websites to get you to disclose personal information.
- The sign-in page URL or Web address for Yahoo7 will always contain "yahoo.com" on pages that ask you for your Yahoo7 ID or password.
- Click the lock icon in your browser's address bar to check if the page you're on is verified authentic.
- Watch for password thieves - Yahoo7 will never ask you to email your password. If you're asked to send your password, never do it.
- Don't respond to unsolicited email - Be wary of anyone asking for personal information via email. Scammers try to trick you into providing personal information.
- Never click fraudulent links - Never click on suspicious looking links on webpages or in email.
- Check the sending address - Double-check the sender's email address without opening the email by mousing over the sender's name in your Inbox, or other folder's message list.
- Beware of requests for money - Never agree to send a check or money order to someone who sent you unsolicited email.
- Legitimate emails from Yahoo7 include a Yahoo7 icon next to the subject or sender in your Inbox.
Note: The Yahoo7 icon will only display through the Yahoo7 website or Yahoo7 Mail app. You won't see it in third-party mail apps or email clients.
- If you don't see it, the email isn't actually from Yahoo7. Report the email as spam.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.